Skip to Content
[Page Content]

Who Can Obtain Copies of Military Discharge Records

In accordance with California law, only the following individuals are allowed to obtain a certified copy of a Military Discharge (DD214) record after showing photo identification are:

  • Veteran named on the discharge
  • Family member of the veteran
  • Legal representative of the veteran
  • Government agency providing veteran's benefits
[Original Content]
Alert - COVID-19

The Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk will close all of its offices to the public effective Monday, March 16 as a precautionary measure to help slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis, all mail and online orders are experiencing processing delays. Thank you for your patience and please click here for updated information regarding COVID-19.