Skip to Content
[Page Content]

Recording Your Marriage Certificate

Once you are married, you must return your marriage license to our Norwalk office to be recorded.

We do NOT automatically send you a copy of your marriage certificate.

If you would like to receive a copy of your marriage certificate, you can submit a marriage records request at the same time you send your marriage certificate to be recorded.

If you changed your name in the marriage process, it is highly suggested that you request a copy of your marriage record so you may use it as proof of name change.

Who Can Marry You and Your Future Spouse?

Now that you have your marriage license, which is valid for 90 days, you and your future spouse may be married by your choice of one of the following persons qualified to perform marriage ceremonies:

  1. A priest, minister or rabbi of any religious denomination who is 18 years of age or older
  2. An active or retired Judge, Commissioner, or Assistant Commissioner of a court in this State
  3. A City Clerk, while that person holds office
  4. A Deputy Commissioner of Civil Marriages
  5. A member of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors
  6. A person that holds or formerly held an elected office of a city or county
[Original Content]
Alert - COVID-19

The Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk will close all of its offices to the public effective Monday, March 16 as a precautionary measure to help slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis, all mail and online orders are experiencing processing delays. Thank you for your patience and please click here for updated information regarding COVID-19.