Unlawful Detainer Assistant - Individual
Unlawful Detainer Assistant registration is required in each county where the services are performed.
How to Apply
The Individual Registration as Unlawful Detainer Assistant (application) can be completed and submitted in the main Norwalk office. You can make an appointment by calling (562) 462-2177. Appointments are made every 30 minutes: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm.
The registrant must appear in person and meet the following requirements:
- Possess a valid, government-issued picture identification (established by a birth certificate, such as a driver’s license or passport).
- Present a bond in the amount of $25,000 naming the registrant as principal providing the term of the bond, two (2) years, commencement date and expiration date.
- Must not be disqualified to register based on the information provided on the application, pursuant to Business and Professions Code § 6402 & 6403(c)(3), (c)(4), (c)(5) & (c)(6).
RENEWAL OF REGISTRATION
To be eligible to renew registration, registrant shall complete 15 hours of continuing legal education courses during the two-year period preceding renewal.
Search for a Certificate of Registration for an Unlawful Detainer Assistant by Mail
District offices do not process mail requests. Submit mail requests for a search of certificate of registration for Unlawful Detainer Assistant to:
Business Fillings and Registration
P.O. Box 1208
Norwalk, CA 90650-1208
Include the following information:
1) Unlawful Detainer Assistant name.
2) Non-refundable search fee of $5 per name by check or money order payable to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk. If a search reveals the exisence of a registration, a certified copy is $2 per document.
3) Stamped, self addressed return envelope.
There is a $5 search fee in person if conducted by a deputy clerk. If a search reveals the existence of a registration, a certified copy is $2 per document.
Note: Pictures for temporary and/or permanent identification cards will be taken at the time of registration in the office.
Individual Unlawful Detainer Assistant Registration
(includes the recording/filing fee of a single-sided, single-page bond, but may vary)
|Each additional page of the bond
|Replacement identification cards