How to Vote
Vote a Vote by Mail Ballot
1) View and print your Vote By Mail Instructions
2) View and print your sample ballot
3) Mark your choices on your sample ballot pages or Vote By Mail ballot
4) Return your ballot by mail, or fax your ballot along with the Faxed Ballot Oath.
Complete a Federal Write-In Ballot
Reasons for a Federal Write-In Ballot:
- If due to military service or other contingencies, you do not receive normal mail delivery, you may use a Federal Write-In Ballot to cast your vote. But you must be a registered voter in Los Angeles County.
- If you are a military and overseas voter voting a special Vote by Mail Ballot and you would like to vote for a write-in candidate, you need to complete and mail or fax the Federal Write-In Ballot with the special ballot.
Military and overseas voters have the option to return their ballot via fax or mail.
Return Your Ballot
Note: Your ballot must be received before the polls close in California at 8 p.m. on Election Day in order to be counted.
Enclose your voted ballot and signed oath in the security envelope, sign, seal and mail to:
Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk
Vote By Mail Section
P.O. Box 30960
Los Angeles, CA 90030-0960
Recommended Mailing Dates for Voted Ballots:
- From Iraq, Afghanistan, Deployed Naval Vessels: 4 weeks before election
- From other overseas military installations: 3 weeks before election
- From other overseas locations: 4 weeks before election (depending on foreign mail service)
- From within the United States: 1 week before election
If due to military service or temporary residence outside the United States, there is a possibility your ballot will not reach the Norwalk main office by mail by 8 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on Election Day, you may fax your voted ballot.
If you choose to return your voted ballot by fax transmission, you must also complete and sign the Fax Voted Ballot Form Special Absentee Voter Signature and Oath.
Note: By faxing your voted ballot, you are waiving your right to secrecy.
- Voted ballot
- Voted ballot form and absentee ballot signature and oath to the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk at any of the following fax numbers:
- (562) 462-2354
- (562) 868-0861
- (562) 462-3035
- (562) 466-1385
- (562) 864-6786
Note: Your ballot will not be counted if you fail to sign the fax voted ballot form special absentee ballot signature and oath. Your ballot must be received by 8 p.m. on Election Day.