Professional Photocopier Information - Corporation/Partnership
A Professional Photocopier registration is required for those who, for compensation, obtains or reproduces documents authorized to be produced.
How to Apply
The Professional Photocopier registration application (see below) must be completed and submitted to the Norwalk main office. You can make an appointment by calling (562) 462-2177. Appointments are made every 30 minutes: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm.
The registrant must appear in person and meet the following requirements:
- Corporate officers or general partners must possess a valid, government-issued picture identification (established by a birth certificate, such as a driver’s license or passport).
- The principal place of business must be located in the County of Los Angeles.
- A bond must be presented in the amount of $5,000 naming the registrant as principal providing the term of the bond, two (2) years, commencement date and expiration date.
- Pursuant to Business and Professions Code § 22454, at least one person involved in the management of a professional photocopier must hold a current commission from the Secretary of State as a notary public in the State of California. If registering as a corporation or partnership, only one partner or corporate officer must hold a current commission from the Secretary of State as a notary public in the State of California.
Search for a Certificate of Registration for a Professional Photocopier by Mail
District offices do not process mail requests. Submit mail requests for a search of certificate of registration for professional photocopier to:
Business Fillings and Registration
P.O. Box 1208
Norwalk, CA 90650-1208
Include the following information:
1) Professional Photocopier name.
2) Non-refundable search fee of $5 per name by check or money order payable to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk. If a search reveals the exisence of a registration, a certified copy is $2 per document.
3) Stamped, self addressed return envelope.
There is a $5 search fee in person if conducted by a deputy clerk. If a search reveals the existence of a registration, a certified copy is $2 per document.
Note: An identification card will be issued at the time of registration. No photo will be taken.
Corporation/Partnership Professional Photocopier Registration
(includes the recording/filing fee of a single-sided, single-page bond but may vary)
|Each additional page of the bond
|Replacement identification card