Process Server Registration - Corporation/Partnership
A Process Server registration is required for any corporation or partnership that derives or expects to derive compensation from service of process within this state.
How to Apply
The Process Server registration application (see below) is completed and submitted in the main Norwalk office. You can make an appointment by calling (562) 462-2177. Appointments are made every 30 minutes: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm.
If you are registering as a corporation or partnership, at least two partners or corporate officers must be present to sign at the time of registration. Corporate or partnership registrations are issued in the name of the corporation or general partnership.
Note: Employees are not covered under a corporation/partnership registration. Corporate officers or general partners who will be serving process must also file and post bond as "Individual."
The registrants must appear in person and meet the following requirements:
- Corporate officers or general partners must possess a valid, government-issued picture identification (established by a birth certificate, such as a driver's license or passport).
- The principal place of business must be located in the County of Los Angeles.
- Present a bond in the amount of $2,000 naming the registrant as principal, providing the term of two (2) years, commencement date and expiration date.
- Pursuant to Business and Professions Code § 22351(b)(3), a corporation or partnership has been organized and existing continuously for one year immediately preceding the filing or a responsible managing employee, partner, or officer has previously been registered as a process server.
- Pursuant to Business and Professions Code § 22351.5, all corporate officers or general partners will be required to submit a completed Live Scan application. A 90-day temporary identification card will be issued until results from the Department of Justice have been reviewed and accepted. Thereafter, the permanent identification card will be issued. Registrants can download the Process Server Request for Live Scan Service Application or obtain it in person at the County Clerk's office.
Note: An identification card will be issued at the time of registration. No photo will be taken.
Corporate/Partnership Process Server Registration
(includes the recording/filing fee of a single-sided, single-page bond but may vary)
|Each additional page of the bond
|Replacement identification cards